It can be very scary how often car accidents happen, as well as your chances of being involved in a car accident. Injury from car accidents are the top preventable types of injuries. The most important thing to remember after being in a car accident is to immediately call a personal injury attorney – Attorney Brian Smith and his team are here to help and understand you aren’t just a statistic!
Below are some shocking facts that most people don’t know about car wrecks:
- In a 2016 study, 1 in 3 drivers reported purposefully running a red light just after it turned red.
- In a 2016 study, drivers between 19-24 were found to be more likely to find texting while driving acceptable.
- Many people don’t know that drunk driving is the leading cause of car accidents, followed by speeding, and then other distractions such as texting.
- 30% of car accident victims are pedestrians and motorcyclists.
- Out of all car crashes in the US, about 90 people die every day!
After a car accident, you should immediately call Attorney Brian Smith and his team. You want a personal injury attorney that can help you through the situation. Unfortunately, if you are injured in an accident, insurance companies immediately try to nickel-and-dime you and your claim and in many cases will refuse to pay anything.
It is essential to hire a personal injury attorney because they will be on your side when you must go against an insurance company.
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/ – The CDC
https://www.dmv.org/insurance/when-to-hire-a-personal-injury-attorney.php – DMV.org (not a government agency)
https://aaafoundation.org/2016-traffic-safety-culture-index/ – AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety