By: Brian Smith
Share This Post
Car Accident Stats You Need To Know
It can be very scary how often car accidents happen, as well as your chances of being involved in a car accident. Injury from car accidents are the top preventable types of injuries. The most important thing to remember after being in a car accident is to immediately call a personal injury attorney – Attorney Brian Smith and his team are here to help and understand you aren’t just a statistic!
Below are some shocking facts that most people don’t know about car wrecks:
- In a 2016 study, 1 in 3 drivers reported purposefully running a red light just after it turned red.
- In a 2016 study, drivers between 19-24 were found to be more likely to find texting while driving acceptable.
- Many people don’t know that drunk driving is the leading cause of car accidents, followed by speeding, and then other distractions such as texting.
- 30% of car accident victims are pedestrians and motorcyclists.
- Out of all car crashes in the US, about 90 people die every day!
After a car accident, you should immediately call Attorney Brian Smith and his team. You want a personal injury attorney that can help you through the situation. Unfortunately, if you are injured in an accident, insurance companies immediately try to nickel-and-dime you and your claim and in many cases will refuse to pay anything.
It is essential to hire a personal injury attorney because they will be on your side when you must go against an insurance company.
https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafety/ – The CDC
https://www.dmv.org/insurance/when-to-hire-a-personal-injury-attorney.php – DMV.org (not a government agency)
https://aaafoundation.org/2016-traffic-safety-culture-index/ – AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety