For many of us, driving is a regular part of our day, and we don’t like to dwell on the risks of being on the road. But you may be surprised by the number of automobile accidents in South Carolina:
- There is one traffic collision every 3.7 minutes.
- There is one fatal collision every 9.3 hours.
- In 2016, there were 133,655 accidents reported in South Carolina.
- Over 1,000 drivers died in a car accident in 2016.
- Almost 40% of those fatal accidents were speeding-related. Over 30% were due to drunk driving.
- South Carolina’s rate of traffic-related fatalities per 100,000 people is over 20. That’s nearly double the national average of 11.
Few of us have the option to give up driving to and from work every day. That being said, knowing the risks can help us take the dangers seriously and drive cautiously. In addition, when someone else’s negligence causes an accident, you have every right to seek compensation for damages to your property or person by using a personal injury attorney. A car accident lawyer can help you navigate the confusion of working with insurance companies. Brian Smith and his dedicated team can help you understand your options and legal rights. Call now for a free consultation at (864) 239-2007.