Top Things To Do Following A Trucking Accident
An accident with a commercial 18-wheeler can be a very dangerous situation and could result in catastrophic damage, as well as serious injuries. If you’ve been involved in an accident with a semi-truck, dump truck, work truck, tanker, or tractor trailer, you may be entitled to compensation. Depending on the extent of damages, the compensation can be significant. It is essential that you do the right thing following an accident so as not to lose this opportunity. Here are the top tips to keep in mind if you are involved in a trucking accident:
- Contact a 911 operator and report your injuries.
- If you are able, take as many pictures as you can of your injuries, vehicle damage, and other damages. Get pictures of the truck involved in the accident, the accident scene, as well as pictures of the road.
- Do not talk to insurance agents or representatives from the trucking company. They want to settle with you for as little as possible and may even show up to the accident scene.
- Obtain insurance information and driver’s license information from the operator of the truck. Get information on the trailer, what the truck is carrying (the cargo), and the cab of the truck. Depending on the truck, the cargo could be important in a potential case.
- Call the Law Office of Brian T. Smith before you leave the scene of the accident. It is essential to talk to us as early as possible so we can advise you on the situation. Keep in mind, the consultation is free and you do not pay until and unless we settle or win the case for you.
Being in a trucking accident can be a very stressful experience and may entitle you to compensation. If you have been involved in a trucking accident, give us a call as soon as possible.